stormtroops

stormtroops

Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3rd, 2014

Sweetest Kian Thomas,

You are six days old.

I thought I'd tell you about your traumatizing entry into this world.

Mommy had a scheduled cesarean because your brother and sister were also c-section babies. Mommy and daddy arrived at the hospital around 5:30. After some paperwork and signatures I was hooked up to some IV fluids and told to hang out for a while. Around 7:30 we were taken back and I was prepped for surgery.

After the spinal, things go pretty quickly.  While I was laying down on the table, I noticed one of the surgical lights was broken. This means it was basically like a mirror. I could see them cutting me open. BLECH. No matter how hard I tried to look away, I kept peeking. It made me kind of nauseous.

Then I feel enormous pressure on my stomach. One of the nurses was literally jumping on my stomach to get you out. Your head was too big for my incision! Because of the spinal it wasn't painful, but it sure as hell wasn't comfortable.

Then at 7:59 am, July 28th, it was your birthday. You were pissed. At 7 pounds 7 ounces, you were almost a full pound heavier than your brother and sister were!

Since then you have been a perfectly sweet and handsome baby boy. You eat and sleep for three hours, then repeat.






And here we are, getting into our routine. 

I'll love you always baby boy,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment